Thursday, October 3, 2013

Vendor Spotlight – Artxchic Cake Toppers

Artxchic

We love coming across new ideas in the wedding world, and it’s even more exciting when you know the person behind it!  Meet Hannah – talented artist, former study abroad schoolmate, and wedding cake topper innovator.  I first some of Hannah’s family back when I was a teen working as receptionist at a hair salon.  Fast forward to college and we found ourselves just down the hall from one another in the stone towers of Cambridge University in the UK during a summer study session. 

Hit the >> button again and here we are.  Hannah recently started Artxchic Cake Toppers and even more recently created painted shadow boxes that allow you to display your toppers long after your wedding day has come and gone.  Her landscapes have always caught my eye and I can’t think of a better way to display these keepsakes.

Artxchic Country Couple 

Your name:  Hannah McLaughlin

Your business name:  Artxchic Cake Toppers

Your location: Manchester, NH

How did you start your business?

I started it by opening a shop on Etsy after I made a set for my cousin and his now wife.

Artxchic Cake Toppers

How many years have you been in business?

I’ve been doing this for about 1 ½ years

What makes you stand out from others in your field?

My cake toppers can come with fully customized pet or child which was new to the field when I entered into it.

Artxchic Toppers with Orange Cat

What's your favorite part of the work?

I love working with people who are so excited and happy about their upcoming wedding day.  It’s really a pleasure and adds a nice balance to my day job of working as a school counselor.

Are you seeing any trends emerge for the next season?

I’ve started incorporating custom shadow boxes as a way to display the cake toppers.  It helps make them more of a keepsake and something you can look back at and remember your special day.

Artxchic Shadow Box

What's the single best piece of advice you can impart to a newly engaged couple?

Don’t sweat the small stuff. 

Pricing Information:

My cake topper sets range in price starting at $60.  Each pet or child is an additional $10.

Artxchic Toppers with Cat

If you have any spare time, how do you spend it? Or some other personal tid-bit you don't mind sharing.

When I have a free moment I typically am on the golf course :)

Contact Hannah:

Order your toppers on Etsy - www.etsy.com/shop/artxchic

Follow her blog - www.artxchic.weebly.com/blog

Follow her on Twitter - www.twitter.com/artxchic

Find her on Facbook www.facebook.com/artxchic

Email - artxchic@gmail.com

Artxchic Nautical Couple

No comments:

Post a Comment