Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Think Spring – Flowers for the Winter-Weary Soul

 Spring flowers - daffodils 

It’s cold, snowy (depending on where you are), and rainy.  Again.  I love winter (yes, I can hear your “boos”), but when I’m cooped up in the house with a grumpy dog and active 11 month old, I can’t help but pine for the spring air and a snow bank free park they could both run around in. 

Instead of just imagining the delights those magically warm and sunny days, I thought I’d create a post of my favorite spring flowers.  The market is bursting with the early bird blooms these days and our trips there are good for the winter-weary soul.  Since not all are so lucky, here’s bit bit of distraction for you on this raw day.  Maybe if we all stare at them long enough and wish really, really hard, spring will get here faster?  Here’s hoping…

  Spring wedding flowers - pink cherry blossomSpring wedding flowers - purple lilac Spring wedding flowers - pink peoniesSpring wedding floers - lily of the valleySpring Wedding flowers - tulipsspring wedding flowers - tulips and hyacinthSpring wedding flowers - pussy willow

photos by yours truly | in order of appearance: daffodils, cherry blossom, lilac, peonies, lily of the valley, tulips, tulips & hyacinth, pussy willow branches

Did we miss a favorite of yours?  Tell us!

No comments:

Post a Comment