Saturday, October 29, 2011

Savoring the colors of Fall

I may be the only person in the Northeast (at least the only one of my Facebook friends) looking forward to our predicted fall snowstorm today.  Sure, the crisp air and bright colors of fall are lovely, but you can’t beat the first flakes of falling snow, no matter how early they may come.  Check back with me in late January/early February at the end of my pregnancy and I may be singing a far different tune, but for now I’ll enjoy Mother Nature’s crystal coating.

So, for those of you bummed out at the thought of hauling out the shovels and boots, here’s a reminder of the season to gaze at while the landscape outside is slowly covered in a blanket of white.

FallFlowerArrangement

Red tipped Roses, yellow Lilies, burgundy Alstromeria, Safari Sunset and green Hypericum berries were gathered in this awesome retro plaid tin.  We love to recycle unique containers and this one (complete with lid for future use) fit the bill for a very special recuperating grandfather this week.

Stay warm and safe during this first storm of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment