Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Flowers for “Brown Thumbs”

Fabric flowers are a great way to add little romantic touches to your wedding.  The best part?  No need to water, clip, or arrange!

Here are a few interesting finds and easy DYI projects

 

flowerpillow

Silk Flower Ring Pillow

From marthastewartweddings.com

Love her or hate her, Martha and her team always have great ideas.  I love this ring pillow.  The over-sized bloom is a great alternative to the birds’ nest trends of the last few years. 

How-To

 

 

 

 

 

ribbonrunner

Ribbon Flower Runner

From marthastewartweddings.com

This runner really caught my eye.  Guest book tables are always a difficult area to dress up and this is such a cute idea.  And easy at that!  All you need is heavy, double-faced ribbon of various designs and fabric-covered buttons.

Create a whimsical setting with a low arrangement of matching blooms or a framed photo of the bride and groom. 

How-To

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

peonyheadpiece

Floral Hairpiece

For my own wedding, I knew I didn’t want a traditional veil for our casual barn affair.  Real flowers tucked into an up-do seemed too obvious a choice for a florist, so I decided that a blending of the two styles would be the perfect fix.  Martha to the rescue again!

I found a pattern for fabric peonies and modified it a bit.  Using netting I purchased for $2.00 at the local fabric store, I alternated white and ivory layers to match the color of my dress.  Each of the two blooms were attached to a clear comb and accented with ivory pearl centers to compliment my jewelry.

How-To

No comments:

Post a Comment